Hertz Charge Explained
Furious with a charge from Hertz?
Want to know why you were charged this costly fee?
Simply visit www.hertz.com/chargeexplained to learn what in the world this fee is about.
The Hertz Charge Explained service is also available in PDF format for customers who would like to print a copy of the form.
- Rental Rate: The base rate for renting a car, charged on a daily, weekly or monthly basis (hourly available in select locations), does not include taxes or fees
- If you do not agree with the fee charged please appeal it with Hertz
- Fees for returning car after return time agreed to at the time of rental
- Returns of less than 30 minutes will generally not be charged extra hours
Hertz Car Rental Charges Explained Customer Service
- 800-654-3131 (US, Puerto Rico and Canada)
- 800-654-3001 (International)
If you are stuck on the side of the road and are desperate for help please call the Hertz Emergency Roadside Assistance team at toll-free 1-800-654-5060 or 405-749-3686.
Reservations currently processed through our site do not have any guarantee or penalty associated with the rate nor vehicle confirmed.
If a penalty applies, complete information will be included on the Rate screen and on the Confirmation screen.
Once again you need to be 18 years of age or older and a proud resident of the US.
- Enterprise Rent A Car appears to be the low-cost provider – $20 “cheaper” per day… BUT many consumers claims offers a better value once you factor in customer service
- National Car Rental is a great option for consumers who are on the bottom half of the middle-class income… National Car Rental is an American rental car agency based in Clayton, Missouri, United States
Hertz Rental Car Customer Service
- General Customer service issues can be directed to 1-800-654-4173
- Issues in regards to reservations can be directed to 1-800-654-3131 (you can also use this number to make reservations)
If you’re stranded on the side of the road in a Hertz auto please dial 800-654-5060 or 405-749-3686 for immediate assistance.
Please dial 800-654-3001 if your outside of the United States and need to make reservations.
If you use Hertz rental cars on a frequent basis you should consider there rewards program.
You can learn more about the program at Hertz Rental Rewards.